When anther’s negligence becomes your nightmare, the personal injury and accident lawyer becomes your ally.
“A slab of concrete falls on it in the city center!”
You may have already read this kind of headline at the front page of your favorite newspaper or the news site you are visiting. These heartbreaking stories are not just the lot of others. Without being alarmist, no one is safe from injuries caused by the negligence of a third party – after all, the mistake is human, they say.
Have you been a victim of …?
Fortunately, the law offers remedies. A lawyer who specializes in personal injury and personal injury may advise you if you or a loved one are injured or harmed by:
- Degradation of a building;
- Trauma following a fall;
- An intoxication;
- A dog bite;
- The use of a defective product;
- An accident at work, boat, train, plane or other serious accident;
- A medical error.
Time is precious!
In case of injury, it is not only urgent to consult a health professional to treat you, but it is also important to contact a lawyer specializing in personal injury and damage as soon as you can. There are deadlines and conditions for claiming damages.
Thus, you could be compensated for:
- Loss of enjoyment of your life as well as pain and suffering;
- The costs associated with your treatments
- The loss of your current and future income;
- Specialized device costs (walker, wheelchair or other)
- Hiring staff for housework and home maintenance.
Your lawyer will determine who is legally responsible for the harm you have suffered and how much you can sue.
Before meeting with a lawyer specializing in personal injury and damage, certain steps can be taken to facilitate the processing of your file. Ask the help of your loved ones. Your documents should include:
- Your doctor’s contact information as well as the proposed treatment modalities;
- A diary describing your injuries and a description of your state’s evolution;
- Contact information of witnesses, if any;
- A photograph of the place of the accident having been taken as soon as possible after the events (in case the inventory changes);
- An incident report issued by a police officer or by the owner of the scene of the event;
- Any other photo that could serve as proof.
An unfortunate accident can affect a lifetime. But a good personal injury and injury lawyer will always be your ally to claim the resources that will alleviate your situation.